Wyre licensed drivers
Only those people that have satisfied the council that they are "fit and proper" will be granted driver licences.
In Wyre this means that they:
- Are at least 21 and have held a valid full driving licence, for at least two years
- Have had an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and any offending behaviour that this highlighted, has been properly considered in line with the council's policy
- Have been tested on the relevant law relating to taxi legislation, the highway code and the safeguarding of passengers
- Have passed a local knowledge test, to demonstrate that they have a good knowledge of the borough
- Meet the DVLA Group 2 standard of medical fitness
All licensed drivers must wear an identification badge, issued by the council, which includes their name and a photograph and their licence number.