Cookie Consent by

Discounts and exemptions

Persons providing or receiving care elsewhere

An exemption can be awarded on an unoccupied dwelling which was previously the sole or main residence of a person who has moved to another place in order to provide or receive care.

The new residence cannot be a hospital, care home or hostel and the care must be for one of the following reasons

  • old age
  • disablement
  • illness
  • past or present alcohol or drug dependence
  • past or present mental disorder

You cannot have moved anywhere else in between leaving the property and moving to receive or provide that care.