Small Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE)
Please place all small WEEE items in a plastic carrier bag near your recycling bins by 7.30am on your scheduled collection day. Please leave cables and plugs attached to items.
We collect small handheld items such as:
- small kitchen appliances (kettles, toasters and irons)
- hair dryers, hair straighteners and clippers
- clocks, watches, calculators and torches
- remote controls, laptops, mobile phones, cameras and chargers
- radios, mini hi-fis, CD and MP3 players
- small electronic toys, for example remote control cars
- power tools, smoke detectors and thermostats
Many electrical items contain valuable plastics and metals, and some also contain materials which are hazardous. Items are shredded and mechanically separated into their component parts (plastics, ferrous metals and non-ferrous metals), then taken for reuse to make new products.
Large waste electronic and electrical equipment cannot be recycled on the kerbside, however, the council offers a collection for large items.