Hosting an event in Wyre
Apply for the use of council owned land
Please be advised that each issued use of land licence will cost £50.
You must submit your application at least 12 weeks prior to the date of the event.
You must also include the following documents with your application. Failure to do so will delay the issue of a licence:
- A site plan outlining where you plan to host your event, including the location of stalls, rides and concessions clearly marked.
- A copy of your public liability insurance covering the date of your event, with a minimum indemnity limit of £5 million.
- A risk assessment where appropriate, guidance can be found at the Health and Safety Executive website.
- If you are applying to use a council owned venue, please check that there are no other events already planned at the same time. You can do this by calling the Arts and Events team on 01253 887564.
- If you are expecting visitors to be driving to your event please familiarise yourself with the Councils off-street parking regulations.
- If the event involves the playing of live or recorded music you will need to obtain a temporary events notice.
Poulton market place
Poulton market place is the responsibility of Lancashire County Council as it is classed as a highway. Any applications for events in this area should be made using the Use of land application form described above and will still require public liability insurance. Lancashire County Council will then review the application, see if a licence needs to be issued, and decide whether to approve the application.
If you wish to hold an event in the market place it is important that you avoid market day on Monday and that you consult with St Chads church authorities to ensure there is no impact on wedding or funeral services.
Holding a street party or community event
If you would like to hold a street party or community event you will need to fill out the councils Use of land application form.
A minimum of six weeks notice is needed for the council to organise a street party road closure.
- Use of land application form
- Use of a car park application form
- Temporary road closure application
- Catering at an event form
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!