We are now starting to recover from the impact of the Covid Pandemic. Organisers are back planning events, giving a needed lift for residents of Wyre and visitors.
To support this recovery, Wyre Council is looking to develop a pool of volunteers who can help with the many events delivered by the council, and other organisations on the Wyre event scene.
We need help with stewarding, acting as ambassadors, marshalling within road closures, helping to distribute promotion and publicity, and a whole range of roles that make up a vibrant events team.
What support will you get?
- You will become part of the council’s thriving volunteer pool.
- You will receive appropriate training, information and awareness raising opportunities.
- You will become a member of the Local Events Organisers’ Network.
- You will an integral part of the many events teams that make up part of Wyre’s cultural scene.
What commitment can you offer?
- Every volunteer is welcomed and valued.
- It is not about what you should be doing, but what you can do.
- As little or as much time as you like.
- You can select an event, a location, a timeframe.
- Provide us with enhanced experience and expertise.
Art and health activities
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help deliver arts and health activities in community buildings across Wyre. You will be fully supported to lead arts and crafts sessions to help people in our communities learn fun and creative things and enjoy relaxed, social get togethers. All arts materials will be purchased by the council so there is no cost to yourself. All we ask is for a couple of hours of your time every week.
Activities include our Reminiscence Sessions, that invite people to see our interesting displays of old artefacts and objects, decades scrapbooks, and more.
Are you good at painting, drawing, crocheting, needlework, knitting, creative writing, paper crafts, or digital art? We’d love to hear from you!
Marine Hall and Thornton Little Theatre
Do you fancy helping out with a show or do you have an interest in arts or drama? The Marine Hall and Thornton Little Theatre are looking for volunteers to provide support for performers and staff working behind the scenes.
- meeting and greeting visitors
- ushering during show intervals
- promoting forthcoming shows and events
- assisting with hospitality
- back stage supporting technicians and visiting artists
How to volunteer for events and activities
If you are interested in volunteering for one of our events or activities, please e-mail us at email@example.com and we can arrange a time for an informal chat.
You can also apply by completing our online form: