Cookie Consent by

Premises and club licences

New applications

View the list of premises licence applications

Applications can be submitted electronically or by sending a hard copy to the licensing authority.

If you submit your application by hard copy, you must also send copies of the full application to all of the responsible authorities
If you serve the application electronically the licensing authority will distribute a copy of your application to the responsible authorities. 

If you wish to sell alcohol to members of the public from your premises, you must nominate an individual to hold the position of Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). This individual must give their consent using the relevant form

Application forms are available on request from the Licensing office, please email

Applicants must advertise their application by placing a public notice in a local newspaper and by displaying a blue notice of application at the premises where it can be seen by members of the public. The blue notice must be continually displayed for 28 days once the application has being served on the licensing department. Templates are available on request from the licensing office.

If there are any outstanding representations to the application at the end of the consultation period the application must be decided by the council’s Licensing Committee at a formal hearing. If there are no outstanding objections the application can be granted without a hearing.

Please note: If you are not sure whether you require a premises licence, or a club premises certificate please contact the licensing office for further advice.