Before you complete any forms, or apply for a disclosure or medical, you must pass the council's knowledge test.
Please email email@example.com to book an appointment to sit the knowledge test. Please see the fees and charges page for
The test includes questions on the roads and landmarks in Wyre, taxi law and policy, safeguarding and the Highway Code.
The following documents are available to download and print and you are strongly advised to study them, as many of the questions in the test will be based on them.
- Safeguarding training for taxi drivers. To be watched alongside Emmas story
- Hackney carriage and private hire licensing policy
- New driver guidance
- Town and Police Clauses Act 1847
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 Part II
- Wyre Council Byelaws for licensed vehicles
- CSE and Safeguarding booklet
You must bring your photocard driving licence with you to the test, and make sure all the details (name and address) on the card are current. You will not be able to sit the test if your DVLA licence is not up to date.