Due to the coronavirus pandemic we are temporarily suspending our enforcement of the dog exclusion zone on our bathing beaches. Please note, this is a temporary suspension and will be subject to ongoing review.
Be a responsible dog owner:
Keep your dogs on a lead
Pick up after your dog, there really is no excuse – it’s important to keep our beaches beautiful and our bathing waters clean for the future
Stay 2 metres away from others at all times
Avoid busy areas
Also, there will be no beach patrol service during this time. Please do not enter the water. If you choose to do so, this will be at your own risk.
This temporary suspension is subject to ongoing review. Further updates will be posted here.
Being able to get outside more is great for our wellbeing but your safety is our priority. Please use open spaces responsibly.
You can now spend more time outdoors to:
- Rest or have a picnic
- Exercise as much as you like and play outdoor sports as long as this is on your own, with people you live with or just you and one other person
- If you are alone you can meet up with one other person, but you must stay 2 meters apart
- Stay 2 meters away from anyone you don’t live with
- Avoid busy areas. If you arrive and it’s too busy please choose another place to visit
- Keep your dogs on a lead so that you can safely stay away from other people
- If you are out in the countryside, stick to paths and close gates behind you
- Take your litter home
- Always pick up after your dog
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
We understand that you are keen to visit your favourite places, but please think twice before visiting popular spots, if they become too busy social distancing becomes extremely difficult and puts everyone in danger. Think green and stay local before driving to a beauty spot in Wyre or elsewhere.
Coronavirus has not gone away. Your actions matter. Please continue to follow government guidance to keep yourself, your loved ones and others safe.
We host many events along the coast throughout the year, including conservation days at Rossall Point and our famous food festival at Marine Hall theatre. Find out what events are coming up by visiting our tourism website Discover Wyre