Flood forum and community resilience
Flood forum and Making Space for Water group (MSFW)
Wyre’s flood forum brings together the key people involved in flood risk management: community members, Wyre Council, Lancashire County Council, United Utilities and the Environment Agency.
The forum meets every three months under the Chair Carl Green, Principal Engineer for Wyre Council, to discuss flood risk in the borough and issues raised are referred to the Wyre MSFW, a partnership of technical officers from the key agencies who work together to find solutions.
Wyre's flood groups are community based and work with the local authority and agencies to find ways to reduce flood risk and raise awareness of flood risk to the wider community.
There are several flood groups set up in Wyre. Please contact the relevant person to join a group today:
- St Michael’s Flood Action Group
Contact: Pamela Nickols on 07989 380150
- Garstang Flood Action Group
Contact: Cllr John Ibison
- Preesall Flood Action Group
Contact: Linda Rowland
- Hambleton Flood Action Group
Contact: Roy Peaker or call 01253 700004
- Stalmine Flood Action Group
Contact: Jean Wilson
- Thornton Flood Action Group
- Cleveleys Flood Action Group
Contact: David Walmsley or call 01253 853641
- Great Eccleston Flood Action Group
Contact: David Astall
- Pilling Flood Action Group
Contact: Jade Benson
If you’re interested in joining or starting a flood group, with support from the council, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01253 891000.
- Community resilience - Information to help you, your business and your community plan for severe weather.
For flooding advice and support contact Wyre Council on:
- Telephone: 01253 891000 (out of hours 01253 895116)
- Email: email@example.com
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!