Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator


Useful contacts

Who to call in a flood

  • If there is a threat to life, call 999. 
  • Flooding to highways and footpaths: Lancashire County Council on 0300 123 6780 
  • Flooding from sewers or burst water mains: United Utilities on 0345 6723 723
  • Flooding from a watercourse, river, coastal water or reservoir: Environment Agency Floodline on 0345 9881188
  • For all other incidents call Wyre Council on 01253 891000.

Other contacts

Met Office - Check for weather updates

Flood warnings - Sign up for up to date flood alerts

Community support and resilience

Flood resilience information - National flood forum

Flood prevention products - The Blue Pages

Insurance - The Association of British Insurers

Power cuts - Call 105 to report a power cut or get updates when your electricity has been cut off. Find more flooding advice from Electricity Northwest including their priority services register for customers who may need extra support during a power cut.

Police - Please remember that if there is an immediate risk to your life or you are trapped by flood water, call 999. For non-emergencies call Lancashire Police on 101.

Update cookies preferences