The law offers a different level of help to homeless people classed as priority need compared to those who are non-priority.
Priority need includes people who are:
- pregnant or have dependent children living with them. A dependent child normally means a child under 18
- vulnerable as a result of their age or as a result of having a physical or mental disability or illness
- made homeless due to an emergency such as a fire or flood
- not in care and are 16 or 17 year olds
- vulnerable because they are care leavers
- vulnerable as a result of being in care, in prison or other institutions
- vulnerable as a result of domestic violence, or other violence
In Wyre we want to make sure that if you are experiencing any abuse from a partner, ex-partner or family member you get the help you need.
If you are ever in immediate danger, please call 999.
Housing assessment form
Please complete this form to advise our housing options team of your current circumstances.Housing assessment form