Wyre Pubwatch schemes work together to tackle issues such as alcohol fuelled violence and disorder, drug misuse and anti-social behaviour in and around licensed premises.
Wyre Pubwatch scheme provides the opportunity for licensees to:
- exchange information
- identify local troublemakers and exclude them from premises
- reduce the risk of assaults on staff and customers
- develop a positive relationship with local police and other agencies
- receive updates on police/local authority initiatives and compliance programmes
- be made aware of legislation and key issues that can affect their business
- contribute to improving the public perception of an area where trade can prosper
Wyre has three independent schemes that are supported by the council and police.