Cookie Consent by

What happens if you don't pay?

Attachment of benefits

If you receive one of the benefits below, we can ask the Department for Work and Pensions to make a deduction from your benefit payments: 

  • Income Support
  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit (Guaranteed Credit) 
  • Universal Credit

The amount to be deducted is set by the government.