Cookie Consent by

What happens if you don't pay?

Liability order

Once we obtain a liability order, we can consider taking further action to collect unpaid council tax from you:

  • we can ask the DWP to make a deduction from your benefits
  • if you are employed we can ask your employer to make a deduction from your wages/salary
  • we can refer your case to an Enforcement Agent (Bailiff)  to collect on our behalf
  • we can start bankruptcy proceedings against you
  • we can apply to the courts to obtain a Charging Order against your property, which will allow us to force a sale