Green waste collection service
Please complete the form below if you wish to subscribe to the green waste collection service for 2017/2018 (1 May 2017 - 30 April 2018), if you wish to subscribe for 2016/2017 (1 May 2016 - 30 April 2017) please telephone 01253 891000.
Since 1999, Wyre Council has provided a free green waste service to over 47,000 households across the borough. Like many other local authorities across the country, the council can no longer afford to provide this non statutory service without introducing a charge. The first bin will be charged at the rate of £30 for one bin collected on a fortnightly basis for the period the service runs, but if paying for multiple bins on the initial contact a discounted rate of £25 per bin will be applied. The discount for additional bins is only applicable when paying at the initial subscription stage, additional bins required at a later date will be charged at £30 per bin. To be eligible for the discount for additional bins the subscription shall be for one address only.
Food waste can no longer be placed in your green bin. The indoor facilities required for the safe composting of mixed food and garden waste will no longer be available. Only garden waste can be accepted as it will be composted at an outdoor facility.
Subscription and cost:
- The green waste subscription service takes effect from 1 May 2017.
- Stickers and terms and conditions will be issued in mid-April 2017.
- The cost will be £30 per year plus £25 for each additional bin if ordered at initial contact, payable in advance. This equates to £1.36 per collection (22 collections per year as there are no collections during the Christmas and New Year period). This is a non-refundable fixed cost for the period 1 May 2017 to 30 April 2018.
- You can subscribe at any time during the year. The annual charge will remain the same.
- The opportunity to share a bin with a neighbour would halve the costs for you both.
- A sticker will be issued in mid-April for you to attach to your bin so we know who has paid the subscription.
- Collections will continue on a fortnightly basis and collection dates remain the same. Please ensure you present your bin by 7.30am on your scheduled collection day.
- Only garden waste must be placed in the green bin. Food waste should be disposed of in your grey bin or home composted.
Unwated green bins
If you no longer require your green bin, you can request the removal of the bin using the form below, only empty green bins will be removed and will be collected within seven working days.
- You can choose to opt out and either compost your green waste at home or take it to one of the household waste recycling centres operated by Lancashire County Council.
- Terms and conditions of the service
- Green waste collection service downloadable leaflet - Key facts and your questions answered - a handy leaflet containing everything you need to know about the garden waste subscription service.
- Green waste collection service online leaflet - Key facts and your questions answered - a handy leaflet containing everything you need to know about the garden waste subscription service.
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!