Green waste collection service
Alternatively, please call 01253 891000 to subscribe for 2019/2020. Subscription ends 30 April 2020.
Subscription and cost
The cost will be £30 per year plus £25 for each additional bin if ordered at initial contact, payable in advance. This equates to £1.36 per collection (22 collections per year as there are no collections over the festive period). This is a non-refundable/non-transferable fixed cost for the period 1 May to 30 April each year.
The green waste subscription service takes effect from 1 May each year. You can subscribe at any time during the year. The annual charge will remain the same. However, if you wish to sign up for annual Direct Debit, this must be done by the 24 March and payment will be taken during the first week of April each year. You will be notified by email at least three working days in advance of the payment being taken. If you signed up for Direct Debit last year then you do not need to do anything (unless your circumstances have changed), we will send you an email to confirm everything is still setup.
Please note: green bins will only be issued with a valid subscription
Hint and tips: sharing a bin with a neighbour would halve the costs for you both
The first bin will be charged at the rate of £30 for one bin collected on a fortnightly basis for the period the service runs, but if paying for multiple bins on the initial contact a discounted rate of £25 will be be applied for each additional bin. The discount for additional bins is only applicable when paying at the initial subscription stage. Additional bins required at a later date will be charged at £30 per bin. To be eligible for the discount for additional bins the subscription shall be for one address only.
- If you subscribe before the end of March, stickers will be issued during April. For subscriptions after this date, the sticker will be issued for you within 10 working days of payment being received. Please attach the sticker to your bin as instructed so we know you have paid the subscription
- Collections will continue on a fortnightly basis and collection dates remain the same. Please ensure you present your bin by 7.30am on your scheduled collection day
If you have recently moved into a new build please contact us to find out about ordering new bins and subscribing to the green waste service.
What goes in your green bin
Only garden waste must be placed in the green bin. Food waste should be disposed of in your grey bin or home composted.
Unwanted green bins
If you no longer require your green bin, you can request the removal of the bin by contacting us. Only empty green bins will be removed and will be collected within five working days.
Alternative ways to dispose of your green waste
- You can compost your green waste at home or
- take it to one of the household waste recycling centres operated by Lancashire County Council
How to sign up for the green waste collection service
Watch the below video to find out all you need to know about signing up to the green waste collection service
- Terms and conditions of the service 2019/2020
- Terms and conditions of the service 2018/2019
- Green waste collection service downloadable leaflet - Key facts and your questions answered - a handy leaflet containing everything you need to know about the garden waste subscription service
For further information and advice please contact us
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!