Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Report an abandoned vehicle


Please complete this form to report an abandoned vehicle.

Please note the council cannot deal with:

  • poorly parked vehicles
  • residential parking disputes
  • vehicles causing obstruction
  • broken down vehicles
  • vehicles undergoing roadside repair work
  • advertised for sale vehicles.

An abandoned vehicle needs to have been parked without moving for minimum 28 days or be significantly damaged or burned out.

An abandoned vehicle should have one or more of the following criteria:

  • the vehicle has flat tyres
  • the windscreen or windows are broken

In addition, the vehicle must have no tax or MOT. If the vehicle is SORN and parked on the public highway, it should be treated in the same way as an untaxed vehicle and reported to the DVLA and not Wyre Council.

Please check the tax, MOT and SORN status of the vehicle first on the DVLA's website 

Update cookies preferences