Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

House to house collection permits

Applying for a licence

If you wish to collect money for charity by:

  • calling at houses
  •  door to door or posting envelopes through letterboxes
  • requesting donations,
  •  asking residents to donate household good in bags
  • going from pub to pub with collecting tins.

You will need to complete a house to house application form to get a permit.

Apply for a house to house collection permit

There is no fee associated with this application.

All collectors are required to wear a signed badge giving details of the organisation that they are working on behalf of.

The licensing unit will give applicants the contact details for The Stationery Office who provide these badges with the issue permit.

It is important that collectors can be identified, to reassure residents that they have been given permission to carry out the collection.

Update cookies preferences