Cookie Consent by

Animal licences

Boarding for cats or dogs

You need a licence if you provide or arrange for the provision of accommodation for other people's cats or dogs in the course of a business. This includes:

  • Providing boarding for cats, for example in a cattery;
  • Providing boarding for dogs in dog kennels;
  • Providing home boarding for dogs (This include daycare in the home, even for short periods);
  • Providing day care for dogs;
  • Making arrangements to board dogs with a host family.

Failure to adhere to the Statutory Guidance will result in the Council refusing to grant a Licence or renew a current Licence;

Should should also be familiar with health and safety guidance from the National Dog Warden Association; NDWA - Guidance for handling dogs and the use of equipment to ensure the health and safety of handlers, others and the welfare of dogs.

Animal boarding application