The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is open 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. You can also call us on 01253 891000 or email:

From 8 August, you will be required to wear a face covering when visiting the Civic Centre reception and Lockwood Surgery, unless you are exempt.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

During a flood

During a flood if there is an immediate risk to your life or you are trapped by flood water, call 999. 

In the event of a flood, Wyre Council will work with the Environment Agency, Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service, Lancashire Police, Lancashire County Council and other appropriate agencies to help those affected. 

During a flooding incident, regular updates will be posted to the home page of the council website. 


  • Flood water can rise quickly, so always focus on the safety of you and your family before your property and be prepared to act quickly. 
  • If you are asked to evacuate your home, follow the advice of the emergency services.
  • Avoid walking or driving through floodwater. Driving in flood water significantly increases risk of drowning.
  • Turn off gas, electricity and water supplies if flood water is about to enter your home. Do not touch any electrical appliances or cables when standing in flood water.
  • Move family, pets and your flood kit upstairs, or to a high place with a means of escape.
  • Call 105 to report or get information about power cuts in your area. 
  • Avoid contact with flood water and wash your hands regularly. Swallowing flood water can cause diarrhoea, fever or abdominal pain. 
  • Check on vulnerable neighbours and relatives who may be unable to raise the alarm or evacuate their property. Only call 999 if it is an emergency. If there isn't a risk to life but you are worried about someone, please report it online

Further information

Useful contacts - if you are flooded you need to report this – please refer to the relevant contact details


Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!