The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is open 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. You can also call us on 01253 891000 or email:

You will be required to wear a face covering when visiting the Civic Centre reception and Lockwood Surgery, unless you are exempt.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Complaints procedure

The council is committed to providing high quality services and we are working harder to continually improve services for you. But we recognise that there are times when we don't always get things right and understand that it is only by listening to the views of customers that we can really improve.

When mistakes happen or performance is not satisfactory, we need to know about it so that we can put it right and prevent it from happening again. 

Making a complaint

The first step

We do not want anyone to be put off registering their dissatisfaction by red tape or form filling. If you do not wish to complete the form, just explain your problem to a member of staff. Most problems can be dealt with at this stage and need go no further, there will still be a record of your call and we can take steps to ensure that the problem doesn't recur.

However, if you are dissatisfied with this initial response you may take your complaint further through the two-stage corporate complaints process. Please do not be afraid to express your dissatisfaction or concerns. We want the opportunity to look into any problems, take the appropriate action and improve our services, wherever possible.

Stage 1

If it has not been possible to resolve your complaint immediately, it will be passed to the Corporate Feedback Co-ordinator who will identify the appropriate service manager to investigate your complaint. Within three working days of receiving your complaint, you will be sent an acknowledgement.

You will also be told the date you can expect the investigation to be completed, which should be within 10 working days.

Stage 2

If you are not satisfied with the initial response, you may ask the Corporate Feedback Co-ordinator to arrange a further investigation. This will be carried out by a senior officer from another service area and who has had no previous involvement in your complaint. You will be sent an acknowledgement within three working days and we aim to send a full response to your complaint within 15 working days.

When the investigation has been done we will look to identify any learning points for sharing with managers to help in reducing the number of complaints in the future.

Local Government Ombudsman

If, after following the council's complaints procedure, you do not get satisfaction, you may complain to the Local Government Ombudsman

How to make your complaint

You can send us your complaint by completing the online form 

Alternatively a complaint can be made by email, in writing or by telephone. If you prefer to talk to someone in person, a meeting can be arranged and a friend, relative or other representative can come with you if you wish.

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!