The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can still call us on 01253 891000 or e-mail:

Lockwood Surgery remains open for patients, and the civic centre will be hosting appointment only vaccination clinics. Please wear a face covering in all parts of the building.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Discretionary housing payment

Discretionary housing payment (DHP) is for people who need extra help with:

  • Rent - when housing benefit does not meet the full rent
  • Lump sum costs associated with a housing need, for example removal costs
  • Rent in advance
  • Bonds and deposits

To be eligible to claim you must be entitled to some housing benefit paid by Wyre Council or housing costs paid by Universal Credit.


We can only make a DHP if we believe that the person's circumstances call for further financial help. Each case is assessed on its individual merits. The finances and personal circumstances of the applicant and other household members are carefully considered and taken into account.

Apply for a payment

If you think that you need this extra help, please complete the below application form. If you are applying for rent in advance or help with a bond, you will also need to ask the landlord to complete the form below:

These are Word documents. You can print them off or complete them electronically,  and submit them online

Please provide as much information as possible to help us understand why your circumstances are special. All the information you give is confidential and we will only use if to see if we can give you extra help.

Further information

Contact us

For further information and advice please contact us

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!