Household Support Fund - Help with fuel costs
Using funding from the Household Support Fund, the council is working in partnership with Citizens Advice Lancashire West to administer a scheme to help residents on low incomes meet the increasing cost of their household fuel bills.
If you are struggling to pay your gas and/or electricity bills and on a low income, then you can make an application for help with your fuel costs. Whether you qualify for help or not will depend on your circumstances and those of anyone else who lives in your household with you.
Before you complete an application you will need the following:
- photograph’s of your gas and electricity meters clearly showing the serial numbers on each. These photographs must be uploaded onto your application form
- your gas and electricity account numbers
- your council tax account number if you are liable to pay council tax. If you have signed up to online billing, you can find the reference in your myWyre account. If you do not have this number you can request a paper copy of your council tax bill
In addition, if you are not liable to pay council tax and claiming Council Tax Support, you will need to provide further information:
- If you are not liable to pay council tax, but live in a property you are liable to pay rent and household bills for, you will need to upload a clearly readable copy of your tenancy agreement onto your application form
- If you are employed, you will need to upload a copy of your latest payslip and a copy of your latest monthly Bank Statement showing your salary being paid in.
- If you are self-employed, you will need to upload a copy of your latest self-employed accounts, or a completed income and expenditure account for your business.
- You will also need to upload copies of the latest payslips/self-employed accounts/proof of income or student status for anyone else living in your household
Please be aware that the household Support Fund is a cash limited fund and payments will be made on a first come first served basis. All applications will therefore be processed strictly in order of date received.
Due to the high number of applications, it will take up to 4 weeks before they are considered. During this time please do not submit further applications, or try to contact the council regarding your application.
Incomplete applications will be rejected and only one application per household will be accepted.