Cookie Consent by

Information for consumers

What we cannot deal with

  • Food purchased outside the district. We will arrange for the food complaint to be transferred to the relevant enforcing authority.
  • Complaints about food quality, for example, over ripe vegetables and fruits.
  • False descriptions or inappropriate labelling of food and drink. These are dealt with by Lancashire County Council’s Trading Standards.
  • Any claims for compensation or refunds. This is a matter between the purchaser and the manufacturer.
  • Food which has expired its ‘best before’ date. It is not illegal to sell food after its best before date. Best before means that the manufacturer guarantees that the food will be of best quality up until that date.