Cookie Consent by

Off road motorcycles - the law and reporting incidents

Reporting an incident

Report an off road bike Incident

You should report incidents involving off road bikes to Lancashire Police or call 101.

Please provide as much detail as possible.This includes a description of the person involved, where they live, vehicles being used and the location of the off-road activity.

Please do not put yourself in danger. Officers will gather evidence about your report.

If you believe life is in danger please call 999.

Report where a bike is being stored

Allowing a house or premises to be used to store illegal off road bikes can breach a tenancy agreement.

You should report this to Lancashire Police or call 101.

Please make sure you provide as much detail as possible. This could also include a description of the people living there, those visiting and the vehicles they are using.

Preventing anti-social behaviour

Are off-road motorbikes causing a nuisance in your area? Do you have any information about the use of these vehicles, where they’re being ridden and by whom? Call the police on 101.

If you want to provide information anonymously, contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Information that can help includes:

  • the name and address of the owner of the off-road motorbike
  • where the bike is stored
  • when and where the bike is being used (days, times and routes)
  • any other useful information such as a description of those who use the bike and its make/model/colour

Not everyone using off-road motorbikes does so illegally, and there are a number of specialist sites where riding is legal.