Veterans mental health and wellbeing support
Whether you’re concerned about yourself or a loved one, these support groups can offer expert advice. For immediate support in an emergency please call 999. For urgent mental health support you can call:
- Combat Stress 24 hour helpline 0800 1381619
- The Samaritans 24 hour helpline 116123
- Your GP
Combat Stress - for Veterans mental health
Combat Stress provides a range of community, outpatient and residential mental health services to veterans with complex mental health problems. Services are provided in-person, and via phone and online.
- Call the helpline: 0800 1381619 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Text: 07537 173683
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website
Whatever you're going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. They are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Op Courage: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service.
Op Courage is a new NHS service that provides specialist care for those Armed forces veterans suffering from a mental health crisis. The new service combines the Veterans’ Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (TILS), the Veterans’ Mental Health Complex Treatment Service (CTS) and the Veterans’ Mental Health High Intensity Service (HIS).
This means that veterans can access the most suitable level of service for them.
- Call 0800 652 2867 or email VTILS@cntw.nhs.uk. The Op Courage urgent care and support service is accessible by healthcare referral only.
- For more information visit the NHS website.