Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Cost of living housing support

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit is money you may be able to claim to help pay the rent for your home.  

You can make a claim if:

  • you have reached state pension age
  • you have a low income from your pensions, benefits, or work (including self-employment), and have less than £16,000 in savings

See Making a Housing Benefit claim for more details and to make a claim.

Support for Mortgage Interest

If you own your home, you may be able to get help towards interest payments on your mortgage or loans you have taken out for certain home repairs and improvements. This help is called Support for Mortgage Interest. Visit the government website to find out if you are eligible and for details on how to apply.


We have a duty to help people who are homeless or about to lose their home. If you have no home or have been asked to leave your current home within 28 days, our housing options team can provide you with help and support. 

Cosy Homes

Cosy Homes in Lancashire have produced a handy guide on how you can save energy, save money, stay healthy, and improve the environment.

Energy bills are on the rise and it can be very worrying for many people who are on a tight budget, wondering how they are going to afford to heat their homes. Most of us know there are things we can do to save money by saving energy. However, some people need help to understand what they can do to make those savings. The Little Book of Warm outlines some of the simple actions you need to take to help cut the cost of your energy bills.

Read the 'Little Book of Warm'

Update cookies preferences