The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is open 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. You can also call us on 01253 891000 or email:

From 8 August, you will be required to wear a face covering when visiting the Civic Centre reception and Lockwood Surgery, unless you are exempt.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Business rates

Support for businesses affected by Coronavirus

Up to date information about support for businesses affected by the pandemic can be found on our dedicated Coronavirus support page. 

Twenty pound notes stacked together

About your business rates

If you own a business, you may have to pay business rates (or NNDR which stands for National Non-Domestic Rates).

Non-Domestic Rates, or business rates, collected by local authorities are the way that those who occupy non-domestic property contribute towards the cost of local services. Under the business rates retention arrangements introduced from 1 April 2013, authorities keep a proportion of the business rates paid locally. This provides a direct financial incentive for authorities to work with local businesses to create a favourable local environment for growth since authorities will benefit from growth in business rates revenues.

The money, together with revenue from council tax payers, revenue support grant provided by the Government and certain other sums, is used to pay for the services provided by your local authority and other local authorities in your area. 

Enterprise Zone

Hillhouse International Enterprise Zone (EZ) in Thornton-Cleveleys was officially launched on 01/04/2016.

The Council is able to offer business rate relief up to a total value of £275,000 over a five year period where a business moves to the EZ before 31/03/2022.  Relief will be available to new businesses moving to the EZ and may be available to re-locating and existing businesses in limited circumstances.

Further information is available at

You can download a copy of the 2019/20 National-Non Domestic Rates - Explanatory Notes to read online.

Information about Small Business Rate Relief can be read online.

If you are a resident, and are looking for information about council tax, visit our council tax section.