Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Council Tax Support

Appealing against a Council Tax Support decision

Statement of Reasons

If you don't fully understand the decision letter you can ask for a more detailed written explanation called a Statement Of Reasons (SoR).

Request a Statement of Reasons

You must ask us for a SoR within one month of the date of our original decision letter. 


If you are unhappy with our decision you can submit an appeal. Please complete the form below, providing as much information as possible regarding why you disagree and provide any evidence to support your appeal.

Once we receive it we will check our original decision again, taking into account any further evidence you may have provided.

If we still think our original decision was correct, or you do not receive a decision to your appeal within two months, you can then appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service (see for more information).

Update cookies preferences