Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Council Tax Support

Changes in circumstances

If you are receiving council tax support you must report any changes in your circumstances that may effect your entitlement. Examples of changes that you need to declare include:

  • if you move home
  • if any state benefits you or your partner receive either change or stop
  • if you or your partner start to get a new state benefit
  • if the income received by you or your partner changes
  • if the savings held by you or your partner alter
  • if you or your partner start work, stop work, or change jobs
  • if you or your partner go into hospital
  • if anyone joins or leaves the household
  • if anyone in your household has a change in their income
  • if you have any other change which may affect your benefit

You must tell us about changes promptly. If you do not do this, you may lose discount, or we may pay you too much discount, and you will have to pay it back to us.

Report a change in circumstances

Update cookies preferences