Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Lost Dogs

Lost Dogs

If you have lost your dog there are a number of places it could be and things you can do:

Local Authority Animal Welfare Service

You should Contact the Council as soon as possible to report your dog missing to the Animal Welfare Officer:

Kennels and Rehoming Centres

Local Authorities have a contract with private kennels for housing strays. It is important to remember that several premises are used to house stray dogs because of the large numbers of strays in the area. The Animal Welfare Service has a list of all contact numbers.


Occasionally a member of the public will look after a stray dog in their home and not inform the police or Animal Welfare Officer when they have found a stray.

It is worth placing a notice on your Veterinary Surgery's notice board, in your local shop, supermarket, libraries and any other public notice board. Contact your local newspaper and place an advert in the 'Lost and Found' column. Inform the Animal Welfare Officer of your loss as they keep a register of lost dogs and will inform you if they have any information or have located your dog.

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!

Council Services