Before you make an application
Important note: The planning department is not currently offering the pre-application advice service, including major category applications, due to resources and hopes to return this service shortly.
Is Planning Permission required?
If you wish to know if your proposed development requires planning permission please refer to our Is Planning Permission Required page. If you require notification in writing from the planning department to confirm if your proposal requires permission, there will be a charge.
Determining a Planning Application
To the extent that development plan policies are material to an application for planning permission, the Government requires that the decision must be taken in accordance with the development plan unless there are material considerations that indicate otherwise. The development plan includes documents adopted by local planning authorities, including any ‘saved’ policies from plans that are otherwise no longer current (the Wyre Borough Local Plan 1999 and the Fleetwood-Thornton Area Action Plan 2009 ).
Show us Your Proposal
Wyre Council welcomes and encourages discussions with applicants or their agents before a planning application is submitted. Early discussions can help to achieve time savings, and a better standard of application, which improves the chance of a timely and successful outcome. The council does, however make a charge for advice that it provides to applicants and developers prior to submitting a planning application.
There are different types of pre-application enquiries that the planning department may receive. The majority will relate to specific development proposals which may fall within a number of categories as follows:-
- Householder developments
- New dwellings
- New buildings and other structures (other than dwellings)
- Changes of use of land or buildings
- Agricultural development
- Other operations/works e.g. telecommunications development/CCTV/demolitions
The pre-application online form is no longer available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any pre-application enquiries.
The details of any pre-application enquiry and responses given are treated in confidence as far as the law will allow. Please be aware that under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations any information submitted as part of pre-application discussion cannot automatically be deemed to be in confidence as the Council may receive a request for information under these Acts. If such a request is received the Council will ask you to identify any information that you require not to be disclosed under these Regulations.
However, in the case of major development proposals only, engagement with borough and town or parish members is a critical part of the engagement and decision making process and we will, on your behalf, notify the relevant ward members and/or town or parish council clerk that pre-application discussions have commenced with a description of the proposal. Ward members and/or town or parish council clerks will be informed that the information should be treated as private and confidential.
1) The council can only provide advice on specific development proposals. If you want more general advice concerning the development potential of any land or buildings, but do not have a specific proposal in mind, you are advised to seek other professional planning advice.
2) Lancashire County Highways are now offering a pre-application advice service, please follow the link below for details of their service along with a copy of the application form for use by those interested in early engagement on highway matters:
· National Planning Practice Guidance (NPPG) - Before submitting an application http://planningguidance.planningportal.gov.uk/blog/guidance/before-submitting-an-application/
· National Planning Practice Guidance (NPPG) – Determining a planning application http://planningguidance.planningportal.gov.uk/blog/guidance/determining-a-planning-application/
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!