It is an offence to allow your dog to foul in a public place and fail to clean up after it. Any litter bin will do.
If you wish to report a problem with a litter bin or dog fouling, please use our online form.
The council will only deal with dog fouling on public land.
What we do
- investigate reports of dog fouling
- issue fixed penalty notices when dog fouling is not cleared away
- patrol areas subject to frequent fouling
- put up signs concerning fouling
- install, maintain and empty litter bins installed on public land or on the public highway
- undertake educational activities on responsible dog ownership
What you need to do
- report dog fouling
- record details of dog walkers not picking up after their dogs, for example, time, date, location, description of the person, description of the dog, name, address, car details, registration
- be prepared to stand up against this unacceptable behaviour; we may ask you to go to court as a witness