Local Authority Building Control (LABC)
- We believe in sound working relationships based on understanding and support with all our customers. We are non-bureaucratic, flexible and professional.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest standards and ensuring that the built environment in which we live work and play is safe and healthy for all.
- We positively encourage pre-application advice to help your project run smoothly.
- There is no time delay. Work can start immediately once an application is submitted. Drawings are not always necessary. Please contact us to discuss further.
- We will work with you to achieve quality construction that meets the building standards. Whether you are an architect, builder or householder carrying out DIY, you can rely on us.
- We give high value for money and achieve high standards whilst still being impartial.
- As a local authority we are publicly accountable, transparent and a not for profit organisation. Our fees are published and there are no hidden extras.
- We do not operate a risk based service like many alternative providers, we inspect to protect you.
- We will work with other representatives of the local authority and associated agencies to assist your project as necessary.
- We have a vast archive of local knowledge of sites in our district and can utilise this to offer knowledge based pre-application advice.
- We are locally based so we are able to respond very quickly to on site construction needs if required.
- We are no more than 30 minutes from your site.
- We can offer flexible payment terms.
- We accept applications and payment electronically so saving you time and money.
- We have professionally qualified staff with considerable local knowledge.