Applying for a new job is a big decision and can be a time consuming process. We have created a simple guide to help ensure you submit a great application.
Before you apply
First, make sure the requirements of the role make it the right job for you.
Make sure you have all of the essential information needed to complete the application form smoothly, for example details of your qualifications and references. Look at our corporate values on the person specification. If these meet your own, then Wyre will be a great place for you to work.
- Is the post part time or full time? Permanent or temporary?
- Do you have the minimum requirements, for example a driving licence?
- How much time do you have to submit the application?
- Can you get to the place of work? Will you be able to get there in a consistently timely manner?
Filling out your application
Got the basics covered? Time for the application!
- Before you can apply, you need to register with JGP. You will only need to do this the first time you apply for a job with us. This will also allow you to sign up to all our job alerts and be notified when there is a match. Once signed up, you can save your application and go back to it at a time that's convenient for you.
- The first section of the application is for your personal details. We will need to contact you if you are shortlisted for an interview. Don't worry, none of your personal details are passed on to managers when they're drawing up a short-list of candidates to interview.
- Next, it's the current or most recent employer section. This is your chance to tell us what you do or did in your current or most recent position. Tee us how you did it and when you did it, including any transferable skills that will help you carry out the role you are applying for.
- In the next section, we would like to know more about any previous employment. Tell us about where you have worked before, share your experience from each workplace and tell us what skills you gained on your employment journey. We want to hear!
- Time to show off your qualifications. You worked hard for these, so tell us what you have achieved by using the space provided. This makes it easier for us to see! We also want to hear about any other training you have undertaken, or any professional bodies you are a member of.
- This is the section where you can shout about your experience. Use this section to really sell yourself. Look at the person specification as this tells you what we require. Remember you are selling yourself, so one sentence isn't enough.
- The final section is equal opportunities. Here we will ask you to tell us a bit more about yourself. Don't worry, this isn't seen by managers and is only used to ensure equality.
Submitting your application
This is the final stage. Before you submit, you can check everything you wanted to include is on the form. If you later realise you have missed something, you can edit your application at any point before the post closes.
Once we have reviewed all the applications submitted, we will update your application status. Unfortunately, due to the amount of applications we receive, it is impossible for us to reply to every candidate.
If you are selected for interview, we will contact you on the email address you provided on your application form for further details.