The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can still call us on 01253 891000 or e-mail:

Lockwood Surgery remains open for patients, and the civic centre will be hosting appointment only vaccination clinics. Please wear a face covering in all parts of the building.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Health and safety advice

Wyre Council provides guidance to both employees and employers to help you understand and comply with health and safety laws.

Please find below information on how you can manage health and safety in the workplace. Further information can be found on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) website.

Further advice

Firework safety

If you are planning to organise a public or semi public firework or bonfire display find out how to do this safely

Leisure activities - advice to operators 

If you are involved in operating and managing leisure activities and swimming pools you must follow guidelines to ensure you meet your duties under health and safety law.

Health and safety policies

As an employer you are required to write a health and safety policy. The policy is a statement of your commitment to the laws of health and safety and an outline of the health and safety responsibilities within the company and information about safety working practices.

The Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel

If you think the health and safety advice you have been given by the Health and Safety Executive or local authority inspectors is incorrect or is more than that  required, you should first contact the inspector and their manager to resolve the matter. Should you not be able to resolve the matter in this way you can contact the Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel who will review the complaint it thoroughly and inform you of its findings.

The panel is advisory and the regulators will respect the independence of the panel.