The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can still call us on 01253 891000 or e-mail:

Lockwood Surgery remains open for patients, and the civic centre will be hosting appointment only vaccination clinics. Please wear a face covering in all parts of the building.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Dangerous wild animal licence

To apply for or renew a licence please complete the following form:

Individuals who keep dangerous wild animals are required to be licensed by the council to ensure that there is no risk to other members of the public from those animals and to ensure the welfare of the animal itself.

A licence holder has to contact us for approval if animals are to be moved to another destination.

This licensing procedure does not apply to animals kept in:

  • a zoo
  • a circus
  • a pet shop
  • a place registered under the Cruelty to Animals Act 1876 for the purpose of performing experiments.
An annual fee of £385.00 is required and may involve costs of veterinary inspections/fees. The only time a licence is not required is if the animal is kept in a zoo, circus or pet shop.

Additional information:

Contact us

For further information or if you have any questions about the application process please contact us:

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!