Important updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Wyre’s Civic Centre reception in Poulton is now open from 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. You can also contact us on 01253 891000 or email:

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Accident reporting

Report an incident online (HSE RIDDOR website)

Incidents involving death or major injury should be reported without delay. It is recommended that you also telephone us if an incident of this nature occurs. All other incidents must be reported within 15 days. Only ‘responsible persons’ including employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises should submit reports under RIDDOR. 

It is a legal requirement to report accidents in your work place such as:

  • Accidents resulting in the death of any person
  • Accidents resulting in specified injuries to workers such as bone fractures, loss of consciousness, severe burns, amputations and asphyxiation
  • Accidents that causes an employee to be off work for more than seven days
  • Non-fatal accidents requiring hospital treatment to the public or non-workers 
  • Dangerous occurrences that do not result in injury but could easily have done so, for example fire, explosion and wall collapse 
  • Some work related diseases (such as asbestosis)

A full list can be on the HSE RIDDOR website

Keeping records on incidents/accidents

It is recommened you keep records of the following:

  • The date and method of reporting
  • Date, time and place of the event
  • Personal details of those involved
  • Brief description of the event and/or injury

What happens next

Wyre’s health and safety team make daily checks to the HSE RIDDOR site for notifications. Upon receipt of a notification Wyre health and safety officers look at the nature of the injury, persons involved and the circumstances. Officers may contact you or make site visits to investigate the accident with a view to preventing reoccurrence and to protect the health, safety and welfare of people.

Contact us

For further information and advice please contact us

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!