The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can still call us on 01253 891000 or email:

Lockwood Surgery remains open for appointments only. Please wear a face covering in the building unless you are exempt.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Street trading licences

Licensing officers are available to speak to without an appointment Monday to Friday, between 9am and 1pm. If you have an urgent enquiry outside these times please email

Application form

To apply for a licence, please complete the application form:

Street trading is the selling, exposing or offering for sale of any articles in a street. A street includes any road, footpath, beach, any part of a street or other area to which the public have access without payment.

In Wyre you must have a consent issued by the licensing department if you wish to sell goods to the public. ‘Goods’ may be hot or cold food, non-alcoholic hot or cold drinks or other articles. 

If you intend to street trade in food, such as ice cream or burgers, you will first need to be assessed by a member of the Commercial (Food) Safety Team, who will arrange to inspect your vehicle/trailer and discuss food registration with you.

If the retail unit is stored/garaged outside this borough it must pass an inspection by a Food Safety Officer for the relevant licensing authority where it is stored/garaged. Proof of the inspection must be provided before we can issue a consent. 

You will still need a consent if you are positioned on private land but wish to service the public who approach you, however although a consent permits you to trade anywhere in the Wyre areas, there are a large number of roads/areas/car parks where no trading may take place. Please refer to the list of prohibited streets below.

Fees and charges 

The following fees and charges apply and consents are issued for a 12 month period.

  • Fee for street trading consent £318.00

Further information

Contact us

If you would like to discuss any aspect of street trading or are thinking of setting up a mobile business in the area, please contact the licensing team on:

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!