The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can still call us on 01253 891000 or e-mail:

Lockwood Surgery remains open for patients, and the civic centre will be hosting appointment only vaccination clinics. Please wear a face covering in all parts of the building.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

How to make a complaint about a Councillor

Complaint about a Councillor?

Who will deal with your complaint?

Responsibility for dealing with complaints that a borough, town or parish councillor may have breached the Code of Conduct is that of the Wyre Council Standards Committee.

The Code sets out a number of general principles which Councillors must follow when undertaking their public duties and covers issues such as:-

  • standards of personal behaviour;
  • relationships with members of the public, paid council officials and other councillors;
  • procedures for registering and declaring personal interests;
  • procedures for dealing with any offers of gifts or hospitality

What is the Code of Conduct?

As part of the ethical framework for local government set out in the Local Government Act 2000, every Councillor when elected and before they take up office has to sign a declaration agreeing to abide by their Council's Code of Conduct.

A fully copy of the Code of Conduct is included in Part 5 of the Council's Constitution and is available to download 

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!