Each year, the Royal Horticultural Society holds the Britain in Bloom competition. It is a year-round competition that allows groups to compete on a regional or national level by using gardening to transform their communities.
Initially, neighbourhoods and groups will enter their regional In Bloom awards and some winners will be entered into the Britain in Bloom awards. They also look for entries from tourist attractions, hotels, pubs and shopping centres.
The aim of the competition is to encourage the improvement of our surroundings through the imaginative use of trees, shrubs, flowers and landscaping. It also aims to achieve a litter free and sustainable environment.
How can you help?
Your area representative would be delighted to hear from individuals, businesses and organisations that would like to help with a donation or sponsorship. Some of the ways you can help are:
- provide a donation, trophy or prize
- sponsor a hanging basket, flower tub or floral landscape
- plant a tree or adopt a roundabout
- and most importantly - give some time to help out planting, watering and weeding
There is always a lot of work to be done for the competition, including watering flowers, picking up litter, judging competitions, repairing street furniture, and many other tasks which help to maintain your town/village at its best for the visit of the judges.
Your local representatives are:
- Catterall - Netta Parker 07508 144 181
- Churchtown Karen Davies - 07530 817 098
- Fleetwood Lauren Harrison - 01253 872444
- Garstang Alan Pearson – 07850 699492
- Great Eccleston Hugh Glover - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hambleton Yvonne Walton - 07703 773785
- Inskip Alan Lingard – 07745 219386
- Pilling Stan Raby - 07761 623700
- Preesall and Knott End Yvonne McCann – 01253 811364
- St Michaels Stephanie Roskell - email@example.com
- Thornton Mellonie Thomas – 07805 004505