Why we collect personal data
Wyre Council is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. Looking after personal data is very important to us, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely, and that you understand how we are using the data we hold about you.
In order to carry out our duties as a local authority we have to collect a vast amount of personal data for the following reasons:
- To deliver our statutory and non-statutory services and fulfil our legal obligations
- To prevent and detect fraud and crime and assist with law enforcement functions
- To process financial transactions including grants, payments and benefits, or where we are acting on behalf of other government bodies
- To protect individuals from harm and injury
- To seek opinions and feedback about the services we provide
Wyre Council is registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller, which allows us to process the data specified in our application. Our registration number is Z5682712.