Cookie Consent by

European Union Settlement Scheme

The UK has left the European Union (EU) and new rules are in place as of 1 January 2021. If you are an EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen, you and your family need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UKYou will need to apply to this scheme  before 30 June 2021 if you want to continue to live in the UK after 31 June 2021.

What is the EU Settlement Scheme?

The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family members to get the immigration status you need to continue to live, work and study in the UK. This status means you can continue to be eligible for:

  • public services, such as healthcare and schools
  • public funds and pensions
  • British citizenship, if you meet the requirements and want to apply

 Who should apply?

Except in a few cases, EEA and Swiss citizens, as well as their non-EU family members, need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Wyre Council do not deal with applications for this scheme as it is a nationally managed process. You can find important information to help you apply on the following websites:

For further information on housing, please visit Wyre Council's housing services pages