Food banks in Wyre
If you are struggling to buy food, local food banks and clubs in Wyre may be able to help.
Address: Fleetwood Trust, Hospital, Pharos Street, Fleetwood, FY7 6BE.
To contact The Pantry you can call 07852 989065 or email email@example.com.
Preesall and Knott End Help Group
To contact this group email Nattie on HelpPKE@gmail.com or visit Facebook - Preesall and Knott End Help Group.
The Meadows Food Pantry at Christ Church Thornton
Address: Christ Church Thornton, Meadows Avenue, Thornton-Cleveleys, FY5 2TW.
This food bank can be accessed Monday - Friday, between 10am - 12pm. No prior appointment is needed, just turn up.
St Thomas's Church Food Club
Address: St Thomas's Church, Church Street, Garstang, Preston, PR3 1PA.
To contact the food club, you can email Kathryn at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01995 606288 / 07722 210827, or visit Facebook - St Thomas's Church Food Club.
Simple Energy Advice
The Government's Simple Energy Advice website has information on how to reduce your bills and make your home more energy efficient. You can also call the Simple Energy Advice helpline on 0800 444 202.
Energy Saving Tips
Visit British Gas - Energy saving tips for your home for advice and tips on how you can lower your energy use and bills. You can also find more tips and advice by visiting Electricity North West - Energy saving advice.
Mental health support
Looking after our mental health and wellbeing is important. There are a variety of organisations and websites that may be able to offer you the support, advice, and help you need. This can be in person, over the phone, via text, through self-help, or in group/community setting.
- The Every Mind Matters website offers advice and practical steps that people can take to support their wellbeing and manage their mental health.
- The Lancashire and South Cumbria Health and Care Partnership has useful information regarding local resources available to help support your mental health.
Other national charities you can contact are:
- Samaritans – if you are having a hard time, they can provide you with advice and support. Call them anytime on 116 123.
- Mind National Mental Health Charity - Call their information line on 0300 123 3393.
- CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) is a charity that supports men under 45 years old with mental health issues. You can call them on 0800 58 58 58.
Help accessing health services
Through the NHS, there is a range of support to help people access health services. This includes support with travel costs and financial support for people on low income. Find out more by visiting NHS - Help with Costs.
Support charities and organisations
There are a range of external support agencies who may be able to offer further advice and support:
- Citizens Advice
- Salvation Army
- Christians Against Poverty
- P3 Charity
- Step Change
- National Benevolent Charity
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme
- DAHA (domestic violence)
- GamCare (gambling support)
- WaterSure (water bills)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
Map and addresses for food banks in Wyre
- The Pantry: Fleetwood Trust, Hospital, Pharos Street, Fleetwood, FY7 6BE.
- The Meadow Food Pantry: Christ Church Thornton, Meadows Avenue, Thornton-Cleveleys, FY5 2TW.
- St Thomas's Food Club: St Thomas's Church, Church Street, Garstang, Preston, PR3 1PA.