Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Cost of living disability and illness support

What support could I get?

Check if you or your family may be entitled to benefits for those experiencing illness or disability.

The following benefits and payments are not means-tested. Instead, they look at the way your health conditions affect your daily living and mobility needs:

Receiving these benefits may increase your entitlement to other benefits, such as Pension Credit and Council Tax Support.

Seek advice if you are already claiming a disability benefit, such as Disability Living Allowance for adults, as your award will stop if you claim Personal Independence Payment instead.

If you are too unwell to work, you may be entitled to New Style Employment and Support Allowance and/or Universal Credit with Limited Capability for Work or Work Related Activity.

£150 Disability Cost of Living Payment

From 20 September 2022, 6 million people who are paid certain disability benefits will receive an automatic one-off payment of £150.

Visit - Cost of Living Payment to see if you are eligible for the Disability Cost of Living Payment.

Care and Repair

Care and Repair provide help and advice with repairs, maintenance, adaptations, and improvements to your home. This service is available to householders aged 65 and over, or adults with a disability living in Wyre and Fylde.

The Care and Repair staff can also give advice and support with local authority grants (where available), charity funding, and help you to apply for benefits you are entitled to. You can contact Care and Repair on 01253 887569.

Carer's Allowance

If you are a carer, you may be entitled to Carer’s Allowance and/or an extra amount called the ‘carer element’ within Universal Credit. This could mean £69.70 a week in Carer's Allowance if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week, and the person you care for and the type of care you provide meets the criteria.

Update cookies preferences