Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator

Apply for building regulation approval

Application form

Building Notice or Full Plans Application?

A Building Notice does not involve the passing or rejection of plans and is intended to enable certain small domestic works. Building Notices cannot be used –

  • For work which will be built close to or over the top of rain water and foul drains shown on the ‘map of sewers'.
  • Where a new building will front onto a private street.
  • Work where the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005 applies

A Full Plans application can be used for domestic work but must always be used for any commercial work and also works in the common parts of buildings containing flats and houses of multiple occupation. We will check your plans, consult any appropriate authorities and notify you when they have been granted.

Please refer to the Building regulations legislation update for further information.

Building control application form

Retrospective regularisation application

If the work has already started or been completed without consent, then a retrospective application can be made using a regularisation form.

You can use this if the work was carried out by a former owner. Any work can potentially be regularised as long as it was carried out after 11 November 1985.

Update cookies preferences