The Active Wyre awards recognise stand out individuals, clubs, schools and volunteers who have made amazing achievements, contributed to their community or shown dedication to sport.
Every year the awards pay tribute to those who show dedication to perform at the highest level, regardless of their age. They also highlight individuals, clubs and schools who work tirelessly to support their local community and create an environment where people can thrive.
This year, over 70 nominations were submitted for individuals, clubs, schools and organisations and those who were shortlisted attended the award ceremony at the Civic Centre in Poulton.
As well as the 10 winners, judges decided to highlight 10 others as highly commended due to the high calibre of nominees.
This year’s winners
- Club of the Year - Fleetwood Gym Amateur Boxing Club
- Coach of the Year - Sean McGann
- Activating Communities, Group - Tia's Crown
- Activating Communities, Individual - Julie Brooks
- The Health and Wellbeing Award - Fleetwood Town Community Trust
- Primary School of the Year - Chaucer Primary School
- Secondary School of the Year - St Aidan’s High School
- Young Achiever of the Year - Erin Devine
- The Jimmy Armfield Lifetime Achievement Award - Nigel Laycock
- Volunteer of the Year - Kelly Stead
- Garstang Giants Basketball Club
- Thornton Cleveleys Football Club
- Matthew Armer
- Ryan Briggs
- Nick Arnold
- Tia’s Crown
- Winmarleigh C of E Primary School
- St Mary and St Michaels Catholic Primary School
- Garstang High School
- Katie Bottomley