United Utilities is advising people in parts of Lancashire including Wyre to boil their drinking water.

More Information

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Dog Fouling

As well as being unpleasant, anti-social, and unsightly, dog mess is a health hazard. If you allow your dog to foul in a public place and you fail to clean up after it you are breaking the law.

Reporting Dog Fouling Problems

If you wish to report a problem with a litter bin or dog fouling please use our online form:

Please note the Council no longer has specific bins for dog waste, any litter bin will do. All litterbins are now for dual use.

What we do

We will:

  • investigate reports of dog fouling
  • investigate reports about dangerous dogs
  • issue Fixed Penalty Notices when dog mess is not cleared away
  • initiate legal proceedings for dog fouling
  • patrol areas subject to frequent fouling
  • put up signs concerning fouling
  • advise on the installation of litter bins
  • install, maintain and empty litter bins installed on public land or on the public highway
  • undertake educational activities on responsible dog ownership

What we need YOU to do

  • Report dog fouling
  • Record details of dog walkers not picking up after their dogs
    • Time / date / location
    • Description of person and the dog(s)
    • Name / address (if known)
    • Car details and registration
  • Be prepared to stand up against this unacceptable behaviour, and if necessary, go to court as a witness

What we don't do

We won't:

  • investigate reports of fouling on private land unless it is so contaminated as to be a public nuisance
  • deal with reports of fouling by other animals unless the land is so heavily fouled such as to be a public nuisance 

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!

Council Services