Premises licences (Licensing Act 2003)
- Apply online
- About premises licences
- New applications
- Issued licences
- Annual fee
- Statement of licensing act policy 2016-2021
- Applications for a premises licence
- Applications for a variation to a premises licence
- Contact us
- New premises licence application form
- New club premises certificate application form
- Change a premises or club licence application form (includes application forms to apply for a minor variation, notify an interest in premises, notify a change of name or address, transfer a premises licence, vary a premises licence to specify an individual as Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS), consent to be designated, consent to transfer and request to be removed as DPS)
Please note: If you are not sure whether you require a premises licence, or a club premises certificate please refer to the club premises certificate guidance notes:
A premises licence authorises the holder to provide any or all of the following licensable activities on a premises (which may be either a building, or open land):
- Sale by retail of alcohol;
- The provision of regulated entertainment;
- The provision of late night refreshment (hot food or drink between 11.00pm and 5.00am)
A premises licence can be for an indefinite period or for a period specified by the applicant.
All applications for a premises licence or club premises certificate must show how they will promote the licensing objectives, which are:
- Prevention of crime and disorder
- Protection of children from harm
- Protection of public safety
- Prevention of nuisance
If you do not apply online and prefer to submit your application by hard copy, you must send copies of your application all the responsible authorities:
If you apply online, using the forms at the top of this page, the licensing authority will distribute a copy of your application to all of the responsible authorities.
A public notice must be published in one edition of a local newspaper and you must arrange for a notice must be placed on the premises where it can be seen by members of the public for 28 days following receipt of the application by the licensing department. Templates are available below:
- Display notice for a premises licence
- Public notice for a premises licence
- Display notice for variation to a premises licence
- Public notice for variation to a premises licence
When a licence has been granted and issued, the summary of the licence must be displayed on the premises in a place that is visible to members of the public. The remainder of the licence must also be available for inspection by authorised officers.It is important that all those persons working at the premises are aware of the conditions, licensable activities permitted and hours of operation. Licences include the following details:
- The name and address of the holder;
- A plan of the premises;
- If for a limited period, the period will be specified;
- The licensable activities authorised by the licence;
- If the licence authorises the sale or supply of alcohol, the name and address of the Designated Premises Supervisor; and
- Licence conditions.
- Register of premises licences issues in Wyre
Each premises is subject to an annual fee for each licence that is required to be paid on the anniversary of the grant of the licence. Failure to pay the annual fee will result in suspension of the licence and you will be unable to trade until the fee is paid. You can find more information about fees in the guidance notes below.
For further information on obtaining a premises licence from Wyre council please refer to the premises licence guidance notes:
The council is required to publish a statement of licensing policy at least every five years, following consultation and revision.
The policy seeks to balance the interests of businesses and residents, to enable Wyre to continue to offer a wide choice of high quality and well managed entertainment and cultural venues within a safe, orderly and attractive environment; valued by those who live here, work here and come to visit.
- Unit 1, Drovers Mews, Park Hill Road, Garstang
- Guys eating establishment, Bilsborrow
- Oyster Festival 2018, Bilsborrow
- The Alley, Poulton
If you would like further information or assistance, please contact us:
- phone: 01253 887406
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!