New Homes Warranties
Why is a structural warranty needed?
In order to obtain a mortgage, most banks and building societies require new buildings to have a structural warranty in place as it covers any risks that are not included in standard buildings insurance such as design, materials or workmanship. This is technically known as latent defects insurance. It also gives the client piece of mind.
The council is a member of a nationwide organisation known as Local Authority Building Control (LABC).
Through this and LABC's business partner, LABC New Home Warranty (NHW), we can also provide a complete range of specialist services to ensure you are fulfilling the building requirements for any development.
The New Home Warranties provide a 10 year structural/latent defects cover for your development
LABC NHW Services include:
- Structural warranty:
- Speculatively Built Residential Housing
- Social Housing
- Self Build Housing
- SAP assessments (Energy performance assessment)
- Acoustic testing (Building Regulations Part E)
- Air pressure testing (Building Regulations Part L)
- Code for Sustainable Homes assessments
- Home Information Packs (mandatory for all new homes)
- Free advice and support on technical and environmental issues
LABC New Home Warranty is administered by MD Insurance Services Ltd. who has arranged warranties for over £24 billion of developments throughout the UK and Ireland and has more than 10 years of experience.
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!