All public authorities are required under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to produce and maintain a publication scheme.
This sets out all the information that the council routinely makes available to the public and gives details of how it can be accessed. It also contains specific key datasets that the government recommend local authorities publish. These are listed in the Department for Communities and Local Government's (DCLG)
The information is available for viewing electronically on our website and links have been provided to help you find it. For ease of reference, we have also divided the publication scheme into seven themes:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- Our priorities and progress
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
Where it is impractical to post information online, we provide alternative options by request. These include making an appointment for you to view the document in person at our premises, or providing a printed copy.
Information is not included in the scheme if any of the following apply:
- We are prevented from disclosing it by law
- It is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations
- It is otherwise considered to be protected from disclosure
- It is difficult to access, for example out of date or archived
Any information held by the council that is not available under the publication scheme can be requested in writing We will consider this request in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.
Further information about the publication scheme and the Freedom of Information Act can be obtained from the Information Commissioner's Office
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!